How to use the Resource Kit?
The ITCILO Resource Kit is a multi-purpose package which can be used by individual readers as well as by professional and occasional trainers.
Readers who are interested in the topic may autonomously use the resources to improve personal awareness and knowledge of the subject. Trainers may use the resources in the kit to assemble short training programmes for a variety of target audiences.
Structure of the Modules
Each Module contains:
- Briefing document(s), setting out the main evidence, arguments and approach;
- Case studies and examples;
- Learning activities;
- References and further resources/information.
Structure of the Resource Kit
The Resource Kit is organized in three Parts.
Part A: Gender-based violence in global supply chains
Part A introduces the complex nature of global supply chains and why it is relevant to understand gender-based violence as a world of work issue. The four modules (1-4) in Part A can be used in many types of training activities for a variety of target groups, such as representatives from:
- Lead global companies (e.g. brands and supermarkets)
- Multi-stakeholder initiatives and CSR stakeholders
- Multi-lateral organizations
- Employers’ organizations and trade unions at local, national and international level
- Global and national NGOs
- International development planners
- National institutions responsible for employment, economic and trade policies
- National institutions responsible for gender equality and women’s issues
Part B: Preventing and addressing sexual harassment and violence in the workplace: practical strategies
Part B looks at how practical strategies and solutions can be designed and implemented to prevent and address gender-based violence in global supply chains. The aim is to facilitate the implementation of legislation, while also forging new approaches to addressing gender-based violence in the workplace.
The Modules present good practice approaches to build the capacity of managers and supervisors, tools to identify gender-based violence in the workplace, and a range of initiatives that can be introduced in the workplace to prevent and eliminate gender-based violence.
Modules in Part B are meant to provide resources and information to the wide range of actors who may be interested and active in advocating for, designing and implementing workplace initiatives to prevent and eliminate gender-based violence.
Chart: The practical steps to prevent and eliminate violence and sexual harassment in the workplace
Part C: Learning and information resources repository
- Information sheets
This section of the Resource Kit hosts additional resources, such as information sheets containing data, an inventory of international instruments and relevant policies and practices, which may be useful to explore further the topics of the Resource Kit. There are six Information Sheets:
- Information Sheet 1: Definitions about gender-based violence and relevant international standards
- Information Sheet 2: Global Framework Agreements addressing gender-based violence
- Information Sheet 3: Tips on working with the media
- Information Sheet 4: Printed map of a factory and a farm (for mapping exercise)
- Information Sheet 5: ILO Code of Practice on safety and health in agriculture
- Information Sheet 6: Sample sexual harassment policies (containing the text of four sample sexual harassment policies)
- Case study repository
This section of the Resource Kit hosts a collection of case studies (including those already included in Parts A and B), which may be adapted in different formats for training activities dealing with the topics of the Resource Kit.
- On-line learning activity repository
A collection of all the learning activities related to the various Modules. Learning activities are examples, which trainers may wish to adapt to the different workplace contexts and needs of their specific target groups.