Briefing 0.1 - The ITCILO Resource Kit on Gender-based violence in global supply chains: what it is and how to use it
Why this Resource Kit?
The ITCILO Resource Kit on gender-based violence in global supply chains has been designed to help users to:
- Raise awareness about the causes and effects of gender-based violence, with a specific focus on workplaces at the bottom of the supply chain.
- Explore the specific characteristics of gender-based violence in global supply chains and how it can be tackled.
- Show the difficulties of identifying gender-based violence in supplier production points and why sexual harassment and violence are rarely reported.
- Examine the negative impact of sexual harassment and violence on business efficiency and the way in which workplace organization can facilitate or discourage sexual harassment and violence.
- Identify the role that brands, lead companies, retailers and supermarkets can play in reducing the risks of gender-based violence in their supply chains.
- Present practical workplace initiatives and strategies that can make a difference to how managers, supervisors and workers understand the negative impact of sexual harassment and violence and respond with appropriate behaviour and workplace initiatives.