Introduction to global supply chains
At the end of the module, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the complexities of global supply chains.
- Consider how these can offer both opportunities for and challenges to the creation of decent work for women and men.
- Visualize the different stages and players involved in one supply chain.
- Briefing 1 - Global supply chains
Two case studies:
- Case Study 1.1: Global garment industry
- Case Study 1.2: The horticulture and cut flower global supply chain
- This module will particularly interest representatives from:
- Lead global companies (e.g. brands and supermarkets)
- Multi-stakeholder initiatives and CSR stakeholders
- Multi-lateral organizations
- Employers’ organizations and trade unions at local, national and international level
- Global and national NGOs
- International development planners
- National institutions responsible for employment, economic and trade policies
- National institutions responsible for gender equality and women’s issues